Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Saturday

My Saturday was well spent, at least in my opinion. Originally the plan was to go to Portland, hit up the mall, and Maine Running Company. Well we did that. I didn't get much done at the mall excepet wander around a bit. I did buy a sweet ass hat though, that wins. I'll definitely be rotating that in and out with my famed bandannas on a daily basis.

After that we went to Tim Hortan's to grab some lunch. I was expecting nothing more then soup, bread, and a side. Instead I had a fairly cute girl (8/10??) checking me out, and making it obvious. Now, I don't want to sound cocky by acknowledging her checking me out, and I don't mean to make myself look like a "pimp," "player," or "G." But I was impressed. It sent me into shock though. I had no idea what to do. I'm the one that usually checks girls out, and then approaches them. It appeared to be different this time. I was so shocked, I could barely talk to her. Our small conversation was a disaster, I never even asked for a number, or a name for that matter, which means I can't facebook creep her out. But whatever. The food was good.

After that I went to MRC, to pick up Victories. After all thats what you guys voted for. But, they didn't have any. I was pissed. I have been waiting for these spikes to come out forever. I don't want to order them on the interwebz, because I am afraid the sizing maybe different, with the new flywire uppers.

As I went into the back room though, they had a few real nice selections. What immediately caught my eye was a pair of Eldo 2's. They were 11's, which ran a bit tight on me, but I think once I break them in they will work out great. These spikes really took on a cult following last year, when Kyle Merber started to wear them, and ran some real fast times in them for the mile. They have always been great spikes, but the market was legitimately revived for them, after Merber was seen rocking them so much, and even talking about how great they were on Dyestat.
They also had Nike Katanas there, which maybe some of the best racing flats on the market. I was thinking about getting them, especially at just 50 bucks, but I decided against it on the basis that I already have a pair of flats that are still in good condition, and I won't be doing a ton of road races until the summer. One or two at the most.

Monday is the first day of indoor. It seems like enthusiasm really picked up late for it. At first it looked like we had about 10 kids coming out for it, compared to last season's 40. But it seems as though a lot more people are returning to do it again, then what was originally thought. Even i am a little bit excited for it now. I think we may be going to Bowdoin Relays, which would be great.

No comments: