Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

Well Thanksgiving Break is drawing to an end today, but I definitely had a little bit of fun. Thanksgiving was ok I guess, but there was to much family involved, and I really didn't put down as much food as last year.

Friday I just kind of hung around the house, until around 9:30 when I went bowling with Nick, Nate, and Katy. We had a pretty good time, but I forgot how much I sucked at bowling. I was horrid out there, my form was completely off. Nick was the complete opposite. I guess he actually used to bowl in a league, and he decimated all of us. Some of the stuff he did in real life, i can't even do in wii bowling.

Saturday was ok I guess. I had to go to my grandfather's, to start a week long house sitting venture. I did about 10 miles around his house, and it felt very good. It was my first real long run since cross country, and I didn't really know how my body would take to it. It was nice out at the time, and not all that cold, but it did get boring about half way in. I need to get used to running alone again.

That night I went out with a bunch of friends to celebrate a BDay which was fun. We went to Margarita's, where I got a beef and bean burrito. It provided for an interesting ride home, with the windows down. After we ate we went to Wal-Mart, where I got caught trying to climb to the top of the bike racks. It was some old guy who caught me, and he didn't say much. He was a major creeper the rest of the night though, and just kind of followed us around.

Now I am looking forward to getting back to school. Should be a good week, hopefully get some good training under my belt as well. We have 22 days until our first meet, the Bowdoin Relays. While I don't care about indoor a whole lot, I think after cross country's let down it will be important for me to run well there, to prove to myself I still have it.

As of late I don't even feel like I have the same spark that I always had before. I just don't feel into my training. I'm trying, but mentally I don't even want to be there now. I look at practice as more of a chore right now then what I used to look at it as, a time to get away, and the peak to my day. Hopefully things will start to change when we start practicing at Bates and having meets.

No comments: