Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Runnin'

Today was another boring day, but things spiced up at around four today. Nick had called me earlier in the day, and told me he was home for Turkey Day, and wanted to do some running. I agreed, not knowing what I would be in for.

When we were talking on the phone, we reflected on each other's seasons, and how his freshman year of college was going. He was the number eight runner for UNH this past xc season, but had some real good races. I know of one in Franklin Park, where he split through the 5k in 15:49, before taking a wrong turn, putting a downward skew on his race.

We ended up hitting 6 miles, at a fairly easy pace. It was great, the first time I have run with someone since the end of XC. It was nice to be back on the roads in the afternoon too. Ive been doing all of my mileage in the mornings, at five, witha goofy looking reflective vest on. I'm not gonna' lie, running that early, and then having an hour and a half of sprint work at school in the afternoon sucks. I don't think sprint work will benefit me much, but thats just my opinion.

He talked about a turkey trot he is doing tomorrow, just a 5k. He said he is sick, so he would be happy with a 15:50. Think about that. Happy with a 15:50. He is sick so he is going to be trying for a 15:50. 15:50 is what he thinks he can muster out of himself while he is sick. What the fuck?

I can't muster a 16:50 when I am healthy. He will only be mildly enthusiastic with a sub 16 effort. I want to be talented and black.

I think we may end up running again on Saturday, and maybe even go to the Dead Season concert in Auburn later that night, which would be a pretty good time. Last time I went to a rock concert with Nick he started to tackle people randomly throughout the night. Needless to say, it was entertaining.

I guess that is all I got for now. My favorite holiday is a few hours away, and I don't know if I can hold off my urges to dig into the Pecan pie that is sitting in my fridge right now.

P.S Under the post it has two check boxes that say whether you like the post or not. Check the one you think. it will give me some good feedback for my style and what not.

No comments: