Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In Da Season

Yo. I'm finally in season again. I had two painful weeks off, where I didn't do much other then try and learn how to scream. Needless to say, it was pretty boring. You see, I don't do a whole lot other then run, work, and go to school. Once and a while I might treat myself and go to the Auburn Mall, or a group get together, but living in my area puts a damper on things. I would much rather be in another area to hang out with people then the Poland/McFalls region. We suck.

There weren't even any good concerts I was able to make it to in my time off. It was really depressing. Holiday Bizarre is coming up, which is put on by CYY, but I don't know who is playing at any of the shows yet, so we will see if I end up going to that. Wow, I had such sucky down weeks, that I am struggling to write this blog. Like, literally, I have been starring at the screen for 5 minutes, before writing the last two sentences. This is pathetic. I need a life.

Oh, I know what I can talk about. College!! Very shortly, I will be sending my applications out. I am applying to USM, Keene State, NESCOM, along with a few others of minimal importance at the moment. All three of these schools have good writing or journalism programs, so they are my big contenders, USM and Keene being the two ones I like the most. NESCOM, is a communications specific school, but doesn't have any sports teams, which would put a huge college damper on things for me.

I was sort of recruited to a D2 school in North Carolina, and a D1 in Tennessee, but upon further review I won't even consider them. One doesn't have a good journalism program, while the other is waaaaay to religious for me. Even in the letter from the coach, every other line had something about God or Religion in it, or "God Bless." I just can't imagine going to school where religion would dictate what I do, since I have never been religious, and don't plan on being so right now. I don't really want to go to a Bob Jones University type school, because I don't like to shoot things and not be allowed to be affiliated with women. I want to go to a school with a liberal hippie bias.

Location is a key for me. I want to be in an area where there is a lot going on, but isn't huge, which is why I am not really looking into schools in the Boston area of NYC area. I want to be able to get 30-45 minutes out of the city to go kayaking or hiking, while being able to stay in the city to go out to out to eat, go to a show, or some artsy event. Burlington, Vermont sounded like a sweet place to go, but there really isn't a school out there suited well for me. St. Mikes is a lot of money, and UVM is more of an engineering orientated school I guess. But whatever. As soon as I am accepted to a school, and make my decision you guys will be the first to hear.

No comments: